Monday, January 2, 2012

Must Have Music: Oh No - I Can't Help Myself & The Ride & Every Section


Some more MHM from my early days of venturing into the underground hip hop realm. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when I listen to some of the music I had in my iPod back in the day, but this guy is definitely not one of those occasions. Oh No is not just the rapper, but the beat smith behind his music; much like his older brother Madlib. These 3 tracks are my favorite off of his first album, The Disrupt (2004), which was recommended to me by my old buddies from the Burbank Penny Lane (RIP). These tracks are not only examples of his production talents, but also his exceptional ability to reach different themes and concepts lyrically. Love addiction, corruption, and just straight Emceeing (respectively).

No comments: