Friday, February 18, 2011

Must Have Music: Kendrick Lamar - Opposites Attract (Tomorrow Without Her) (feat. Javonte)


I usually go with older and rare songs with these posts, but since I have been bumping Kendrick Lamar lately like no one's business, I thought I'd chose one of his songs thats on repeat for me. Kendrick doesn't "make black music and he doesn't make white music; he makes everyday life music". In this song, he takes the roll of the abusive boy friend who disrespects his girl friend and for some reason cannot fall for the girl who gives him everything. He then switches rolls and tells the story through the girls side who can't understand the nature of her asshole boyfriend. Hence the song title: Opposites Attract.



Better yet, Download O(verly) D(edicated) (free album)

The West it making a comeback!

No comments: