Saturday, August 7, 2010

Trill OG = 2010's Illmatic?

I think not... but according to The Source (Hip Hop's Bible), Bun B's recent Trill OG album deserves to be mentioned with the other classics (Illmatic, Me Against the World, The Chronic, etc). With a perfect rating of 5 Mics, Trill OG has become the last album to be classified as a perfect classic since Lil Kim's The Naked Truth (2005) (wtf right????). Anyways I picked up my own copy, gave the album a chance and was not too convinced this album is the best piece of work thats come out in the last 5 years. Either way the album gets better every time i play it so I may be wrong on giving it less credit than it MAY deserve.


What The Source has to say...


In addition: I randomly ran into this article and found what this dude had to say real interesting... Did Bun B’s “Trill O.G.” Really Deserve 5 Mics?

No comments: